This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Mini Cheddar and Beef Quesadillas with Black bean and Corn Salsa


This was last weeks "Taco Tuesday" installment. Man were these good. As I was making these mini quesadillas I thought of how I can't wait until football season starts up again so I can make these for a crowd. Even though I don't like football, I love making game day food and pickies (as we call them in our house).

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 package soft taco sized flour tortillas
  • 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 package fajita seasoning
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • olive oil
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 limes
  • 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon honey
In a skillet brown the ground beef. Drain the excess fat add 
2 tablespoons of water and the fajita seasoning. Stir to combine. 

Arrange taco shells on a work surface and build your quesadillas. Add a little cheese then some beef and then a little more cheese. Fold in half. 

After you have prepared all of the quesadillas. Heat up a griddle to 350. 
You can also use a skillet. Cook quesadillas about 2-3 minutes on each side until 
golden brown and cheese is melted. 

Serve with toppings of your choice: Lettuce, tomato, olives, sour cream, guacamole. 

To make the salsa, in a mixing bowl combine the corn, drained and rinsed black beans, juice of 2 limes, chopped cilantro, chives, honey, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment