This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Corn Casserole with Bacon

Photo Courtesy of: http://www.givinguponperfect.com/2014/04/family-recipe-corn-casserole-with-bacon/

I originally had planned on making this for Thanksgiving- but we had no power. So I made this a few days ago instead. Oh my- it was delicious. Of course it was so good I didn't have any thoughts to taking my own photos.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 cans corn (drained)
  • 2 0z blocks cream cheese
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 8 sliced cooked bacon crumbled
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup parm cheese (plus a little more for top)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Melt butter in a skillet and over medium high heat start cooking the onion until softened. Add the cream cheese a little at a time until melted. Add in the parm cheese and pepper. Gently fold in all the corn and bacon. Make sure it is well combined. Put mixture in a 9x13 baking dish - and sprinkle with some more parm cheese. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes until golden brown.

Just leave out the bacon for a yummy veggie side! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment