This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Apricot Chicken


This is actually a recipe that one of my best friends Kara taught me when we had our first apartment together. Back then neither of us knew how to cook very many things- so this was one of our staple recipes. Its still good to be nostalgic and make this every once in a while. It's actually my sister in law Taylor's favorite. She was visiting from college this weekend so I made it for her. Tried, tested and true. This recipe will not fail.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 large package boneless skinless chicken thighs ( a little over 2 pounds)
  • 1 small bottle Wish Bone Russian Dressing
  • 1/2 jar apricot preserves
  • 1 package onion soup mix
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, and place in a 9x13 baking dish.

In a bowl combine apricot preserves, Russian dressing and onion soup mix. Mix well.

Pour the sauce over the chicken in the baking dish. Stir so all the chicken is coated.

Bake at 325 for about an hour - until the chicken is cooked through.

We serve our apricot chicken over rice pilaf with asparagus on the side. Love this dish, brings back such great memories of my early 20's and first starting to cook. Thanks Kara! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment