This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Slow Cooker Meatloaf (literally the best meatloaf I've ever had)



OK- so I made this today and I just had to post this recipe. It really is the best meatloaf I've ever tasted. And I know just saying this my mom is rolling in her grave- because I swore by her meatloaf my whole life. I now have a new favorite recipe. It was so moist and delicious.. Just absolutely amazing.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 medium onion very finely diced
  • 1/2 green bell pepper finely diced
  • 3 cloves of garlic finely diced 
  • 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
For Sauce:
  • 3/4 cup of tomato saue
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
  • 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
Fold two pieces of heavy duty tinfoil into a long 2x12 (ish pieces) and arrange them as an 'X' in the bottom of crock pot:

Not my picture
In a large mixing bowl combine all of the meatloaf ingredients. Make sure the onion, pepper and garlic are really finely diced. Form into a loaf shape- and place on top of the tinfoil in the crock pot.

Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce and let simmer for 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the meatloaf- and save the rest for the end.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. 1/2 hour before the loaf is finished- pour the remainder of the sauce on the loaf- cover and continue cooking for the remainder of the time.

When done- carefully remove and transfer to serving plate (I used two spatulas to get it out of the crock pot).

Served this with corn and twice baked potatoes (recipe up soon). The kids devoured it- and Mike said this was the best he's ever had. I really can't rave about this enough- I really hope you try this and enjoy! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment