This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Twice Baked Potatoes



This is actually a combination of a few different recipes that I read. You pretty much can do whatever you want with these guys. Any fillings and flavor combo's are more than welcome! You can adjust the ingredients below according to taste as well

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 large baking potatoes washed and dried
  • 1/2- 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 5 tablespoons butter 
  • 1/2 packet "baked potato topping"
  • shredded cheddar 
  • pepper to taste
Bake potatoes on a baking sheet at 400 for about an hour - until cooked through.

In a large mixing bowl add sour cream and butter.

Cut potatoes length wise and with a spoon scoop out the insides into the bowl with butter and sour cream. Minding the skins of the potatoes, you need these whole to create our yummy potato vessel. Set skins aside.

Mash until completely combined. Add in the seasonings and mix tip combined.

Fill your skins with the mashed potatoes and place on cookie sheet. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 250 for 15 minutes until melted and golden brown.

These were amazballs! Like I said before, the possibilities are endless to what you can do with these. Bacon, mushrooms, grilled onions, sautĂ©ed veggies, broccoli and cheese. Anything you can think of. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment