- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup baby carrots (cut in half)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and cut into bite sized cubes)
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño cut and take seeds out
- 1 green bell pepper cut and take seeds out
- 1 5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- fresh cilantro for garnish
Place the chicken, carrots and sweet potato pieces in the crock pot.
Combine the onion, garlic, jalapeño, pepper, coconut milk, tomato paste, salt, curry powder and garam masala in food processor pulse until everything is broken down into a (smoothish) sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over rice, garnish with fresh cilantro.
I will be making this again for sure. I'm actually going to be trying a slow cooker chicken tiki masala soon too- so watch out for that recipe in the near future! Cheers!
Adapted from: slow cooker coconut curry chicken