This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken


This was actually really easy to make- and it was so friggen good! It's the garam masala that gives it the authentic Indian flavor. This seriously rivals a lot of curry chicken I've had. You can find the garam masala at any local world foods or Indian market. Of course we ate it all and I didn't even think of taking a picture, you'll just have to trust me!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/2 cup baby carrots (cut in half)
  • 1 sweet potato (peeled and cut into bite sized cubes)
  • 1 medium onion roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic 
  • 1 jalapeño cut and take seeds out
  • 1 green bell pepper cut and take seeds out
  • 1 5 oz can tomato paste
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon garam masala
  • fresh cilantro for garnish
Place the chicken, carrots and sweet potato pieces in the crock pot. 

Combine the onion, garlic, jalapeño, pepper, coconut milk, tomato paste, salt, curry powder and garam masala in food processor pulse until everything is broken down into a (smoothish) sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

Serve over rice, garnish with fresh cilantro.

I will be making this again for sure. I'm actually going to be trying a slow cooker chicken tiki masala soon too- so watch out for that recipe in the near future! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment