This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Double Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies


I bought some coconut oil a little while ago- and I've been dying to try it out. Figured why not start with some cookies. Found this fabulous recipe- and these cookies came out awesome. The kids went crazy for them.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar packed
  • 2 eggs (at room temp)
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
Use a stand mixer to mix together coconut oil and brown sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add in vanilla.

In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture until all is combined. Add in coconut and chocolate chips. Mix well.



Line a baking sheet with parchment paper- and drop teaspoon sized cookie dough onto the baking sheet. 



Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. 





No comments:

Post a Comment