This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Baked Burritos



This was really a super easy meal to put together. Beyond delicious and fast- a winning combo! This made 6 rather large burritos. Adjust the amount of ingredients to make less or more.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2-3 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
  • 2 avocados scooped out of shell
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 4 strips cooked bacon (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar ( plus more for topping)
  • sliced jalapeños
  • green onion (for garnish)
  • 6 burrito sized tortillas
In a large mixing bowl- combine chicken, onion, bacon, avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese. Mix until well combined. Fill each tortilla, roll into a burrito and arrange in a 9x13 baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar and sliced jalapeños. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and top with green onion for garnish. 

Seriously so friggen good. The kids went crazy over this- especially my 2 1/2 year old. And of course this is especially husband friendly. Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. I made this the other night with a few modifications and it was delicious!! I made a low fat version with low fat cheese and sour cream and turkey bacon. I baked boneless chicken breast seasoned with Mexican seasoning and chopped it up. I used shallots instead of oinions because I had them on hand and I used guacamole instead of avocado because I hadn't planned ahead and the avocados I bought weren't ripe. I will definitely make this again!!! Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete