This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Honey Mustard Broccoli Slaw


I made this freaking awesome dinner the other night- which all revolved around this broccoli slaw recipe I wanted to try. So I pulled this idea together of a BBQ picnic themed dinner. With a little bit of everything that I would love to have at a picnic lunch.  This included 1/2 a grilled zucchini, a little scoop of a simple potato salad made with just a little red onion in it. Some BBQ chicken and this honey mustard broccoli slaw. It was the perfect amount of food, texture and flavor. It really was the perfect summer meal. Here is the recipe for the broccoli slaw I made.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt 
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
  • 1 package of broccoli slaw
  • 2-3 Tbsp dried cranberries
  • 2-3 Tbsp chopped peanuts
Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. Place broccoli slaw in a large bowl, pour dressing on top. Mix well to combine then add in cranberries and peanuts. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, and stir before serving.

I think the next time I make this, I'm going to do BBQ chicken and Broccoli slaw soft tacos. Yummm. I just love the flavor combination its really the best broccoli slaw I've ever made! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment