This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Jalapeño Popper Quiche


I made this a few weeks back for a "Brinner" night. Thats breakfast (or brunch like items) for dinner. It's a favorite in my house, and I'm always trying to find something new to try. This definitely was a hit, even with the kiddos.

INGREDIENTS:


  • 9 inch frozen pie crust
  • ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2 jalapenos, diced (take out the seeds for less heat)
  • 1 jalapeno, sliced into rounds for topping
  • 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • ½ cup whipping cream
  • ½ cup half-and-half
  • 5 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • salt
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Thaw the frozen crust for 10 minutes, then roll into pie dish. Prick all over with a fork and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove crust and lower temp to 350.

While crust is still hope, spread cream cheese all over the bottom. 

Put cream and half and half into a pot and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes until it starts to scald. 

In a bowl whisk together the eggs. Then whisk in the cream mixture. Combine. Add in the bacon, salt and paprika. 

Pour into crust and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, arrange jalapeño slices on top and shredded cheese. Then continue to bake for another 20 minutes.

This was phenomenal. And super easy to throw together. Great for any meal of the day really. Cheers!

My Brinner- Jalapeño popper quiche, sausage, grapes and peanut butter english muffin

 


No comments:

Post a Comment