This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Easy Lemony Chicken Piccata


Chicken Piccata is one of my absolute favorite things to get at an Italian restaurant. I came across this recipe a few weeks ago and knew that I was destined to try it. It was freaking delicious. Even my husband who's not a huge fan of capers- loved this dish. I can't wait until I can make this again!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon flour, divided
  • 1 package of thin sliced chicken breasts cutlets
  • 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup white cooking wine
  • 4 (2-inch) strips lemon peel
  • 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 package of egg noodles
Dry each chicken cutlet off with a paper towel then season with salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup of flour on a plate- and dredge 1 side of each cutlet in flour.

Heat veggie oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot place 2 cutlets flour side down in the skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes, until golden brown then flip the chicken over. Continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Remove from skillet- and set aside then repeat the cooking process with the remaining chicken, cooking about 2 at a time as to not over crowd the pan. 

Once all the chicken is cooked, lower heat to medium and throw the capers and garlic into the pan, cook until fragrant about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon of flour until it is incorporated. Whisk in the white wine and deglaze the pan for about 1-2 minutes, scrapping all of the bits off of the bottom of the pan. Then add the chicken broth and lemon peel, simmer and reduce until slightly thickened about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, remove the lemon peel and stir in the lemon juice and butter. 

Place the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and spoon sauce over the chicken. Serve with egg noodles. 

Just typing this recipe out again makes me want this so bad! It is delicious and really easy to make. Try it out, and surprise yourself! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment