I made this last night for dinner, and all I can say is "holy crap". It was amazing. And surprisingly super easy and quick to make. I think It was all done in under 30 minutes.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 pounds sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Layer with half of the cheese and all of the corned beef. Combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread over beef. Top with remaining cheese.
On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese.
Brush with egg white; sprinkle with caraway seeds
Bake for 12-16 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This was probably one of the best "casseroles" I've ever made. And anyone that likes reuben sandwiches, will love this recipe! Enjoy!!
Credits: reuben bake