This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reuben Bake


I made this last night for dinner, and all I can say is "holy crap". It was amazing. And surprisingly super easy and quick to make. I think It was all done in under 30 minutes. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
  • 1-1/4 pounds sliced deli corned beef
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
  • 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
  • 1 egg white, lightly beaten
  • 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish



Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. 

Layer with half of the cheese and all of the corned beef. Combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread over beef. Top with remaining cheese.


On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese. 

Brush with egg white; sprinkle with caraway seeds



Bake for 12-16 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. 


This was probably one of the best "casseroles" I've ever made. And anyone that likes reuben sandwiches, will love this recipe! Enjoy!!




Credits: reuben bake

No comments:

Post a Comment