This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Banana Bread



This is my go to banana bread recipe. Super easy and it comes out incredibly moist!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
preheat oven to 35o.

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.

Mix until all combined.

Add to loaf pan ( I used an 8x8 baking dish).

Bake for 1 hour.

Let cool before slicing.

There are a lot of different ways to make banana bread, of course. I find this way the easiest. There's really no need to add dry and wet ingredients separately  it comes out great doing it this way. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment