This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Broccoli and Penne Alfredo Bake



This was yesterdays Meatless Monday dish. Super quick to throw together and bake. The 4 of us pretty much devoured this entire pan full. My husband said it was the best dinner he's had in a while. Which I don't know if I totally believe that, because it was a jarred sauce. And I'm cooking some good stuff on the regular. But, Hey I'll take it! Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 cups cooked penne pasta
  • 2 cups steamed broccoli
  • 1 jar alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup shredded mozz cheese
  • cherry tomatoes halved
  • diced green onion
  • salt and pepper
  • crushed red pepper flakes
In a 9x13 baking dish combine cooked pasta, broccoli and alfredo sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Add in half of the shredded cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and mix well. Top with the remainder of shredded cheese.


Cover with tinfoil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover then broil for 2-3 minutes. 


Top with cherry tomatoes and diced green onion. 







No comments:

Post a Comment