This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bacon Jalapeño Cheeseburger Melts


I've been getting really good at coming up with meals on the fly lately. Whipped this up the other night in less than an hour. The most timely thing was just cooking that bacon. I made the kids just bacon cheeseburger melts. The jalapeño ones were for the adults and they were great. Semi gourmet grilled cheeses if you will. Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:
  • Bread of your choice (I use 12 grain, I think it makes the best grilled cheese)
  • Butter
  • Burger patties
  • salt and peppet
  • bacon
  • cheese of your choice
  • BBQ sauce
  • jalapeños
Preheat oven to 350. Arrange burger patties on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with BBQ sauce. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip burgers. Bake for another 10 minutes. 


Remove from oven and place on a paper towel lined plate to dry off  (so the grilled cheese doesn't get to soggy).


Arrange bacon on another baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, until its reached the doneness you prefer. 


Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the grease.

Build your cheeseburger melts. Cheese down on the bread then bacon and jalapeños and more cheese. 


Butter both sides of the sandwich and toast on a griddle or in a pan until browned on both sides and cheese is melted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment