This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Baked Chicken Fajita Tacos


At our house, Taco Tuesday is pretty much a weekly tradition. Usually it just consists of my throwing together whatever we have laying around for meat and veggies. Frying up some corn tortillas, and voila. Dinner in under an hour. This was last weeks taco creation. I love just putting everything on the counter and letting the kids choose what they want to put on their tacos. This chicken fajita bake was way to easy and way to delicious. Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound chicken breast, cut into strips
  • 1 tomato cut into chunks
  • 2 diced jalapeños
  • 1 diced yellow pepper
  • 1 diced onion
  • diced green onion
  • 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
  • olive oil
  • taco shells
Preheat oven to 350. Put chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Add in veggies and drizzle with a little olive oil. Give it a stir to combine everything. Bake for 45 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, shred the chicken with two forks. Stir to combine the shredded meat and veggies. Serve with taco shells and your choice of sides.















I love doing "cheesy beans" on the side. One can of refried beans and about 1/2 cup chunked velveeta. Microwave for 2 minutes, and stir until cheese is melted. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment