This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Roast Pork and Sweet Potatoes


Bought the September issue of Food Network Magazine a few weeks back, and made a list of all the new yummy fall recipes I wanted to try. This one was the first one I tried. It came out awesome!! I just love sweet potatoes anyway, but with the roasted onions and little dash of cayenne it made them that much better.

INGREDIENTS:
  • large pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dried sage
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 sweet potatoes cut into wedges
  • 1 red onion cut into wedges
  • olive oil
  • cayenne pepper (a pinch to taste)
Toss the potato and onion wedges with a little olive oil, and cayenne pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast at 450 for about 20 minutes, tossing once. Roast until the potatoes are tender.

Combine the brown sugar, sage, garlic and a little salt and pepper. Poke the pork all over with a fork then rub the spice mixture all over the pork. Heat a few teaspoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork in once its hot, and sear the pork on all sides until golden brown. 

Transfer to baking sheet and roast for about 25 minutes, until cooked all the way through.

This was so good! The perfect meal to kick off the crispness of fall. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment