This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Baked Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Onions



Made this really simple dish a few weeks ago. I served it with salad, and boxed au gratin potatoes. The perfect fit for a weeknight!

INGREDIENTS:

  • Large package (about 8) bone in chicken thighs
  • 1-2 cups of mushrooms
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup of white wine
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil
Heat up some olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. When the pan gets hot- add in a few chicken thighs at a time, flesh side down. Don't over crown the pan. Cook about 3 minutes just enough to get a nice golden brown sear on the meat. Repeat for the remainder of the chicken. Place all the seared chicken in a 9x13 dish. 

In the same skillet heat up a little more olive oil, and add the mushrooms and onions. Sauté until the onions and mushrooms are cooked through and starting to brown. Add in the white wine and let the pan deglaze / alcohol cook off, about 2-3 minutes. Pour the mushroom wine sauce over all of the chicken in the baking dish.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until the thighs are cooked through. 

I really wanted to do boneless thighs, but I grabbed the wrong thing at the grocery store. Next time I will be trying something similar but with boneless chicken. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment