This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Crispy Pork Cutlet Salad with Sautéed Veggies and Cous Cous


This was dinner last night, and it was fantastic. I really just threw it together with what I had in the fridge and pantry, but it was a winning combo. I tried to go with a bunch of different textures and flavors- and I think I really pulled it off.

INGREDIENTS:

For Pork Cutlets
  • package of thin center cut pork chops
  • flour
  • italian bread crumbs
  • 3 eggs beaten with a little milk
  • salt, pepper 
  • veggie oil
For Sautéed Veggies
  • 1 orange bell pepper
  • 1/2 large white onion
  • 1 large zucchini cubed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt, pepper
For salad
  • Mixed greens 
  • sliced cucumber
  • cherry tomatoes
  • craisens
  • croutons 
  • cooked cous cous 
  • italian dressing 

Heat up a pan with the olive oil, once its hot sauté the veggies for about 5 minutes until cooked through, season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.


Set up a breading station. In a shallow bowl place some flour, salt and pepper. The next bowl the beaten eggs, and the third is the bread crumbs. 


Heat up 1/2 inch of veggie oil in a large skillet over med high heat. Dredge each pork chop in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Once the oil is hot place 2-3 chops in the pan at a time and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side- depending on the thickness. 


Cook until golden brown. Remove pork chops and place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up extra oil. Repeat for the remaining chops. 


I whipped up a quick box of 5 minute cous cous (this stuff is awesome).


To assemble the salad, I put the greens, cucumbers and tomatoes on the plate first. Sprinkled some craisens. Sliced pork cutlets on top then some cous cous and croutons after.  The pictures don't show the cous cous or croutons on top, because I wanted to show the vibrant colors of all those yummy veggies! Top with your choice of dressing, but the Italian was awesome.



This was seriously an awesome dinner salad! It was filling and delicious. Everything that I could possibly want in a salad. Cheers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment