This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Harissa Meatloaf

                                                 

I love playing around with different ingredients, and recently we opened a bottle of Harissa sauce from Stonewall Kitchen. They have some seriously awesome products. So I wanted to try to substitute my normal ketchup for the harissa in the last meatloaf I made. It gave it an amazing flavor and just the right kick. 

                                                          

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 - 1 1/2 pounds of meatloaf mix (mixture of beef, pork and veal. This is what I usually use but feel free to use just beef or what you normally use)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup harissa sauce
  • 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
In a large mixing bowl combine the ground meat, 
egg, harissa, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. 

Mix until everything is incorporated.

Form into a loaf, and place in a baking dish.


Sprinkle with dried parsley.

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. 
Or until cooked through (depending on size and shape of loaf)

I served this meatloaf with cous cous and fresh steamed green beans. This was a fast, no fuss dinner that I had prepped and on the table in an hour. Can't beat that! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment