This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Banana Muffins with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting

                                                 

Since I had just recently made chocolate chip banana bread, I really needed to think of something different to do with the surplus of ripe bananas in my freezer. I decided on muffins. Muffins do duel duty as breakfast- and dessert. Simply because my kids think they are cupcakes regardless. I loved this recipe. It was so simple. I combined a few differant ones that I had and made my own frosting up. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 ripe bananas (mine are usually frozen so I just set them in the sink to defrost a bit)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup melted butter (cooled)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
Preheat oven to 375.

In a mixing bowl mash the bananas with the sugar and egg.

Stir in the (cooled) melted butter.

In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.

Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. 

Stir until combined, it will be lumpy. 

Spoon into muffin tins and bake 15-20 minutes.


Until a toothpick can be stuck in and comes out clean.

Allow to cool before frosting.

To make frosting:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
With a hand mixture beat the cream cheese until fluffy.

Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix on low until well combined. 

Adjust to taste. 

Of course this recipe can be converted to loaf form if you prefer to have a banana bread, or cake even. It's good any which way because we all know it'll be going to the same place. The thighs and perhaps love handles. So lets enjoy it while we can. Cheers!


                                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment