This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries with Curry Mayo

                                                     

I've been in search of the best way to cook sweet potato stuffs lately. A few weeks ago I made sweet potato wedges, and while they were yummy- they were lacking what I was really looking for. 

In this recipe I soak the fries first, to draw out some of the starch. I really believe this helped in creating fries that were somewhat crispy and not just sagging all over the place. I made a curry mayo to go with them. Sweet potato fries with curry mayo hold a special place in my heart of sides dishes. Very reminiscent of my early 20's spent at the local Irish pub eating and drinking draft beers. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsely
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 1/2 inch thick fires.

Soak fries in a large bowl of cold water for 1 hour.

Rinse fries with cold water, pat fries dry with a clean towel.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400.

Place fries in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil.

Season with brown sugar, parsley, salt and pepper.

Toss to coat all fries evenly.

Divide fries between both baking sheets. Evenly spread in one layer. 

Bake for 20 minutes. Flip fries.

Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until golden brown. 

To make Curry Mayo:

Combine curry powder, salt, pepper and mayo in a bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste.

We served these sweet potato fries not only with the curry mayo which was amazing, but country ketchup made by Stonewall Kitchen. The pub I used to frequent made their own home style ketchup, this comes in a close second. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment