This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

7 Layer Dip



When researching '7 layer dips' for Taco Tuesday a few weeks ago,  I came across a couple of different options. First I had to decide if I wanted this baked and warm with chips, or as a cold side. I went with a cold side. Actually we just scooped this into our tacos instead of adding individual toppings in. It was really convenient and yummo. 

  • 1 can refried beans 
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup salsa
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/2 cup diced tomato
  • 1/4 cup diced olives
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onion
Layer in an 8x8 pan. 

Refried beans, sour cream, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, olives and green onions.

Serve with chips or tacos.

I totally recommend using Doritos Sweet and Spicy Chili chips with this dish. It's my fav. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment