This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Steakhouse Quesadillas

                                             

Last weeks Taco Tuesday at our house! I marinated the steak tips (and really use good steak tips, it's totally worth it) with the mushrooms and onions during the day. Then when it came time to cook them I just separated the steak from the veg.

INGREDIENTS:
  • flour tortillas
  • shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • steak tips ( I used a little under a pound)
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, washed and dried
  • 1/4 steak sauce
  • 1/4 cup italian dressing
In a gallon zip lock bag combine the steak, 
mushrooms, onions, italian dressing and steak sauce. 

Seal bag and refrigerate until you're ready to cook them. 
Mine sat in the fridge about 4 hours.

When you're ready to cook. Separate steak from mushrooms and onions.

Place mushrooms and onions in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Leave veggies in oven, move to bottom rack.

Place steak on a baking pan and broil for 3 minutes on each side.

Or until you reach desired doneness. 

Make quesadillas by layering shredded cheese, mushrooms, 
onions and steak on a flour tortilla.

Grill for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cheese is melted.

Serve with sour cream. 

We love trying different and new things for Taco Tuesday every week, and this recipe didn't disappoint. You really can't go wrong with an amazing steak and melty gooey cheddar though. I really think most of my quesadilla success should be attributed to my griddle. That thing makes the best grilled cheeses and quesadillas, Nicely crispy and golden brown - soft and oozy cheese inside. Let that image settle in for a few and then see what you're craving. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment