This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Slow Cooker Beef Stew



This was my Grandfather's recipe. Passed down to my mom, then to me. This really is the only beef stew recipe you will ever need to know. It's classic. Tastes the exact same every time. Perfect for this long cold season we've been having. I've literally made this 3 times in the past month.

We always serve our beef stew with Blueberry Muffins. It's the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The recipe above is a quick, easy, delicious 30 minute muffin that can easily be made while this beef stew is simmering away in the crock pot all day. Or even whip up really quick when you get home from work, before you eat. 

I promise this recipe won't let you down. Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 pounds stew meat
  • 4 red potatoes diced (I leave skin on)
  • 1 cup baby carrots cut in half 
  • 1/2 cup diced celery 
  • 1 whole onion chopped 
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire 
  • 1 tablespoon gravy master
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic 
Place stew meat in crock pot. Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper over meat. Stir to combine.

Add the potatoes, onion, carrots and celery. 

Add the beef broth, wocestershire, garlic and gravy master.

Stir well to combine all ingredients. 

Cook on low for 10 hours or High for 5 hours.

Do not open slow cooker while its going.

Stir thoroughly after time is up.

Serve with blueberry muffins or corn bread.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment