This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Best Blueberry Muffins


This recipe was seriously so quick and easy. I had it all prepped and in the tins in 15 minutes. Then only about 20 minutes to bake. This can easily be made in 30 minutes flat though. 

Its a tradition in my house to serve my grandfathers famous beef stew, with blueberry muffins. Its just the best combination of savory and sweet. I've been slacking the last few times I've made beef stew, and have been using store bought muffins. Which is fine! I however, have never actually made muffins from scratch before. I know, right?! So the task was a little daunting, because I was afraid it would be a flop. Then I found this recipe- and it was perfect. I think anyone can make this muffins and not be nervous about it. 

I'm going to make this my go to recipe. Its the perfect base muffin mix, that you can pretty much add in whatever else you want into it. Be it- blueberries, cranberries, chocolate chips... you get the point. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family did! My kids literally can't get enough of them. Not only did they have them with dinner last night, but they had them with breakfast this morning. Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh, I used frozen)
Preheat oven to 425.

Line a 12 cup muffin pan, then give it a light spray with cooking spray just so the muffin tops don't stick to the pan.

In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt- set aside.
In another bowl mix together cooled melted butter with the sugar and eggs. Mix well. Then add in the milk and vanilla. Mix well.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Folding gently and using a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well combined. 

Fold in blueberries, just until incorporated.

Divide the batter into the 12 muffin tins.

Bake for 5 minutes at 425.

Reduce heat to 375 and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick can come out clean.






No comments:

Post a Comment