This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Eggplant Parmesan


I've been dying for some eggplant, and I found a really nice looking one at the store yesterday- So I knew I wanted to use it up quickly! Just did a really standard breading on them, and fried them up.

INGREDIENTS:
  • eggplant cut into medium thickness slices
  • flour
  • salt and pepper
  • eggs
  • milk
  • bread crumbs
  • italian seasoning 
  • oil for frying (I used veggie oil)
Set up a breading station in 3 shallow dishes. First some flour with salt and pepper. Then a few eggs beaten with a little milk. Lastly, some bread crumbs seasoned with italian seasoning. Like I said in my last post (Fried Green Tomatoes), I usually just eye ball the measurements when I bread things. Heat some veggie oil in a large skillet. Bread the eggplant with the flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs. Once the oil starts to sizzle- add the eggplant and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside on a plate with paper towels to get extra oil off the eggplant. 

Fried eggplant is just delicious, end of story. Such a treat to have this tonight. Served this lovely eggplant with a really simple red sauce, and wheat angel hair pasta. Perfecto! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment