This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Chicken, Stuffing and Broccoli Casserole


Wanted to whip up a quick, easy dinner for my family last friday night because I was going to get my hair done. I wanted something I could throw together, then my husband could bake for him and the kids while I was gone. Luckily I found my answer- on the back of the stove top stuffing box. The original recipe is for using cooked turkey, and turkey stuffing. I used chicken- you can use whatever you have on hand.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1⅔ cups hot water
  • 1 box Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken (or turkey)
  • 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (or turkey)
  • 2 cups broccoli ( I used fresh and lightly steamed it for a few minutes)
  • 1 can (10¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine the stuffing mix and water in a large bowl, stir until moistened and set aside.


In another bowl combine the soup, milk and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.


In a 9x13 baking dish combine the cooked chicken and broccoli.


 Pour the milk mixture over the chicken and broccoli. 


Then spoon the moistened stuffing over the whole dish. Top with the 1/4 cup remainder of the cheese. 


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

We served this with some cranberry sauce on the side. The combination of the sweetness from the cranberries and the savory casserole was so reminiscent of the holidays. This would be perfect with leftovers from Thanksgiving. The kids loved it! Husband loved it! I loved it! What more could we ask for? Cheers!



1 comment: