This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Southwestern Chicken Salad



This is one of my favorite things to make. I made this batch on sunday, and I've been eating it all week for lunch (today is Wednesday). The past few times I've made it, I used taco seasoning from a package to season it. This time Mike seasoned the chicken really well and it didn't need any extra seasoning. So whatever you feel like doing!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • olive oil
  • cumin
  • salt and pepper
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 2 (small) sweet peppers finely diced
  • 1 jalapeƱo finely diced
  • 1/4 red onion finely diced
  • 1/4 cup of corn
  • a few tablespoons of mayo (to your own taste, some people like more mayo than others)
Place chicken in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. Pour lime juice on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (depending how thick the chicken breast is). Allow chicken to cool before chopping up.











Chop chicken into small pieces, combine with peppers, onion, corn and mayo. Add more seasoning if needed. 


Put this on a sandwich, wrap, salad or my favorite- eat it with tortilla chips. Any way you choose, a guilt free- lunch, dinner or snack. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment