This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Chicken and Broccoli Curry Casserole


This recipe is actually something that my mom used to make. I actually have the instructions she wrote me out, tapped inside of my recipe book.  It's really good, and if you're not used to eating or cooking curry- this is the perfect started recipe to ease yourself into it.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2-3 cups cooked chicken
  •  2-3 cups steamed broccoli
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (small)
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1-2 cups shredded cheddar
  • breadcrumbs 
Mix together the soup, mayo and curry powder in a bowl. 

In a 9x13 baking dish, layer the cooked broccoli and chicken. 

Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and broccoli.

Top with the soup mayo mixture.

Sprinkle a little breadcrumbs over the top.

Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes at 350.


Pretty easy right? I usually serve this with egg noodles, but this would be good with rice or pasta too. A good quick dinner to know. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment